What brings you sales today, might not work tomorrow; it’s the harsh reality of marketing. This is why it’s crucial to constantly be innovating and exploring new marketing strategies. Pinterest is one of the best places to market your ecommerce business but it’s often overlooked by business owners. Pinners love to shop and are always searching for their next purchase. In fact, 85% of Pinterest users say they use the platform for shopping inspiration and many Pinterest users start their shopping journey on the platform, with about 97% of searches being unbranded! Pinterest ads have a better ROAS than other platforms. The ad platform on Pinterest is sophisticated (albeit not as sophisticated as Meta) giving you the opportunity to reach a wide user base with your ads. Pinterest is a treasure trove for the savvy business owner!
In this post we are going to share 10 tips for maximizing your Pinterest marketing for ecommerce sales but before we get to that, we want you to do one very important thing. Make sure your product catalog is connected to Pinterest, this is the first step in having success on Pinterest.
- Prepare Your Product Feed: Ensure that you have a well-structured product feed that includes essential information such as product images, titles, descriptions, prices, and availability. This data is crucial for creating effective product listings on Pinterest.
- Create a Pinterest Business Account: If you haven’t already, set up a Pinterest Business Account. This type of account provides access to features like Pinterest Analytics and the ability to run advertising campaigns.
- Install the Pinterest Tag: To track user interactions and conversions on your website, install the Pinterest Tag. This helps you measure the impact of your Pinterest marketing efforts.
- Access Pinterest Catalogs: In your Pinterest Business Account, navigate to the “Ads” section and select “Catalogs.” Here, you can create a new catalog.
- Choose Catalog Type: Select the appropriate catalog type based on your business needs. Options may include a standard product catalog, a dynamic retargeting catalog, or a shopping catalog.
- Upload Your Product Feed: Connect your product feed to your Pinterest catalog. You can either upload the feed manually or use an ecommerce platform integration if available. Verify that the product information is accurate and up-to-date.
1. Create Eye-Catching Pins
Pinterest is a visual search engine, which is why having beautiful pins is vital to success. The foundation of a successful Pinterest strategy lies in creating visually appealing pins that convert into high quality traffic. Make sure your product images are the best quality, designed with your audience in mind. Use tools like Canva to create stunning, professionally designed pins that will stand out in the cluttered world of Pinterest. If design isn’t your thing, you can also hire a professional to help. We offer Pinterest ad design!
2. Optimize for Keywords
Everything on Pinterest revolves around keywords! Optimizing your pins and boards for relevant keywords is one of the most important steps in marketing your ecommerce business. Conduct keyword research to identify popular search terms in your niche, and incorporate them into your pin descriptions, board titles, and board descriptions.
PS- Check out our guide for how to find the keywords that will bring you the most traffic!
3. Create Engaging Descriptions
Accompany your pins with captivating and informative descriptions. Use storytelling techniques to connect with your audience emotionally and explain how your product can solve their problems or meet their needs. PinHouss.com can help you craft compelling descriptions that drive engagement.
4. Utilize Rich Pins
Rich Pins provide additional information right on the pin itself, making them more informative and clickable. There are different types of rich pins, including product pins, recipe pins, and article pins. For ecommerce, product pins are the most relevant, as they include real-time pricing, availability, and direct links to your website. Enable these rich pins to enhance user experience and boost click-through rates.
5. Consistency is Key
Maintain a consistent posting schedule on Pinterest to keep your audience engaged. Regular pins will not only help you reach a wider audience but also establish trust and authority within your niche. Use PinHouss.com to schedule pins in advance and maintain a steady presence on the platform.
If staying consistent it tricky with your schedule, you can always hire a Pinterest Manager to help out!
6. Collaborate with Influencers
Leverage the power of influencers to promote your products on Pinterest. Identify influencers in your niche whose audience aligns with your target demographic. Collaborate with them to create and share pins that showcase your products authentically.
7. Run Pinterest Ads
Pinterest offers a range of advertising options to reach a larger audience. Promoted Pins allow you to target specific demographics, interests, and behaviors, ensuring your products are seen by potential customers. Allocate a portion of your marketing budget to Pinterest ads or hire PinHouss to create Pinterest ads for you.
8. Create Inspirational Boards
In addition to showcasing your products, create inspirational boards that resonate with your target audience’s interests and lifestyle. By curating content that aligns with your brand values, you can attract users who are more likely to engage with and convert from your pins.Be sure to use keywords in your board titles and descriptions for optimizing reach.
9. Enable Pinterest Shopping
Pinterest Shopping is a feature that allows users to shop directly from the platform. Ensure that your ecommerce store is integrated with Pinterest Shopping, enabling users to make purchases seamlessly without leaving Pinterest.
10. Analyze and Iterate
Finally, don’t forget to track your Pinterest performance. Use Pinterest Analytics to monitor key metrics such as engagement, click-through rates, and conversion rates. Analyze this data to identify what’s working and what needs improvement, then adjust your strategy accordingly.
Pinterest has immense potential for boosting ecommerce sales when used strategically. By implementing the ten tips mentioned above, you can unlock the full potential of this powerhouse platform and drive more revenue for your online store. Start optimizing your Pinterest strategy today, and watch your ecommerce sales soar.