How to Use the Pinterest Trends Tool for your Business
If you’re looking for a way to drive more traffic to your website, Pinterest is one of the very best platforms to use. With over 445 million users, Pinterest is a highly visual platform that can be used to showcase your products, services, and content and attract a very engaged audience to your website. One way to maximize your success on Pinterest is by using the Pinterest Trends Tool.
Before we start in with the nuts and bolts, here are some fascinating stats about trends on Pinterest:
- Over 400 million people come to Pinterest each month to search and plan Pinterest popular topics.
- Pinterest trends take off 20% faster than trends across other platforms in their first six months
- Trends on Pinterest sustained monthly growth more than 20% longer than trends on the rest of the internet.
- Pinners don’t just search for trends once, they will often revisit them several times. These repeated searches give brands a unique to own trends across additional categories and reach people beyond their original target audience.
- 8 out of 10 of the Pinterest Predictions for 2022 came true!
- 80% of Pinners have used the platform to discover a new brand or product. Pinners are open minded and ready to discover something new!
What’s popular on Pinterest is generally ahead of the curve when it comes to trends, which is why the Pinterest Trends Tool is one of our favorite things! If you’re developing a Pinterest Marketing Strategy for 2023, here’s how you can leverage the power of trends to increase traffic!
What is the Pinterest Trends Tool?
The Pinterest Trends Tool is a free tool that provides insights into the most popular search terms on Pinterest. You can use this tool to discover what topics are trending on the platform, as well as to see how search terms have performed over time.
How to Use the Pinterest Trends Tool
1. Access the Tool
To access the Pinterest Trends Tool, you’ll need to sign up for a Pinterest Business account. Once you’ve done this, you can access the tool by clicking on the ‘Analytics’ dropdown menu and selecting ‘Trends’. You can also visit the site directly by visiting trends.pinterest.com.
Large or established accounts have a personalized Trends view where they can see what their specific audience is currently searching for. This can provide valuable insight into upcoming trends for your specific audience and the keywords you should be creating content for.
2. Enter Your Search Term
Once you’ve accessed the Pinterest Trends Tool, you can enter any search term. This could be a keyword related to your business, a topic you want to explore, or a particular product or service you offer. You can see how this term is trending currently and how it ebbs and flows throughout the year. You can then compare it with other terms to see what the more popular terms is. The Trends Tool will also suggest other key terms to test.
3. Use Pinterest Search Trends Insight to Drive Traffic
Once you’ve analyzed the results, you can use the insights you’ve gained to create content that will drive traffic to your website. For example, if you notice that there’s a seasonal trend around a particular topic, you could create content that’s specifically tailored to that trend.
Alternatively, you could use the related topics feature to explore new topics that your audience is interested in. By creating content that’s aligned with your audience’s interests, you’ll be more likely to attract their attention and drive traffic to your website.
Ways to Use Pinterest Search Trends in your Marketing
- Blog Post Ideas: Use Pinterest search trends to identify popular topics for your blog. You can use this information to create blog posts that are more likely to be shared and engaged with on Pinterest. Even if you’re not a blogger, using this content can attract a wider audience and improve your Google SEO.
- Pin Optimization: By using keywords that are popular in Pinterest search trends, you can optimize your pins to rank higher in search results. This can help increase the visibility of your content and pins on the platform.
- Create Idea Pins from top Keywords: Idea Pins can be more current and topical, so why not use the Trends Tool as a place to get modern inspiration? You could also use these trends to inform your Instagram Reels too!
- Stay Ahead of the Competition: Pinterest is a great way to stay ahead of the trends and your competitors by seeing what users are searching for. People turn to Pinterest to plan and get ideas, so Pinterest is able to leverage this search data to gain early insights into what’s coming next in the in a wide variety of areas. You should also check out the yearly Pinterest Predicts report which has an 80% success rate in predicting trends in popular Pinterest categories.
The Pinterest Trends Tool is a powerful resource that can help you to identify what’s popular on Pinterest and to create content that resonates with your audience. By using this tool to guide your content creation strategy, you can drive more traffic to your website and grow your online presence.
Need a little extra help with your Pinterest marketing? Our Pinterest team would love to help! Book your free Discovery Call Today!
Sign Up for the Pinterest Tip of the Week!
One super actionable Pinterest marketing tip sent straight to your inbox once a week!